Email: Deborah Ebbert, Magnet Lead Teacher email@example.com
Current Miami-Dade County Public School Students
Submit online application through the Schools of Choice Website
- 2.5 minimum academic GPA, minimum grades of B in conduct and effort grades of 1’s and 2’s; no referrals for attendance or discipline; no more than 10 absences for the previous year.
- FCAT Scores will be reviewed to determine if a student has at least one elective period available to take magnet academy courses.
- For the incoming 2013-2014 freshman class (the graduating class of 2017), it is HIGHLY RECOMMENDED (but not required) that all students complete Algebra I and Physical Science prior to entering TERRA.
Private School Students
Private school students must prepare paper applications to be sent directly to the MDCPS Schools of Choice office:
Miami-Dade County Public Schools
ATTN: School Choice & Parental Options – Applications
1501 NE 2nd Avenue, Suite 237
Miami, Florida 33132
It is highly recommended that private school students apply EARLY and follow up with a phone call to the Schools of Choice Office: 305-995-1922 to ensure receipt of the paper application. It is also recommended that paper application be turned in to the Schools of Choice Office in PERSON or via return receipt mail. Keep copies of everything!
Additionally, private schools must submit the following information delivered directly to TERRA PRIOR to the January 15th deadline:
- 2.5 minimum academic GPA, minimum grades of B in conduct and effort grades of 1’s and 2’s; no referrals for attendance or discipline; no more than 10 unexcused absences for the previous year.
- Copies of Report cards for 7th grade and the first quarter of 8th grade.
- Copies of standardized test scores, such as Stanford or Iowa; scores will be reviewed to determine if a student has at least one elective period available to take magnet academy courses.
Siblings of current students who are enrolled at the same time will be admitted IF they meet our criteria. Sibling applicants MUST meet eligibility criteria for sibling preference. Additionally, current TERRA student address must match the address provided on the sibling applicant’s Schools of Choice application.
We DO NOT admit students as 10th, 11th, or 12th graders. TERRA only admits students as incoming freshmen.